Saturday 30 July 2011

Back in the U.S. of A

Here we are back in Ferndale at Cedars RV Resort.  Our original plan for this long weekend was to hop in the car and drive down to the Oregon Coast.  Instead, Cedars let us know they had a cancellation and so we came down here in the RV.  Apart from having to go home here and there for meetings and babysitting, I will be staying down here for 3 weeks.  Gerry is taking some of his holidays too which will be great.

I have been home for almost 3 weeks from our last camping trip to Bridal Falls and in that time managed to get lots of projects finished around the home and, of course, finished off some quilts.

My first chaired guild meeting went really well except that I ran 15 minutes over the allotted time - our agenda was huge with so many items to cover.  I was bowled over at all the wonderful emails I received after our meeting from our members and the number of people who came up to me at the meeting itself to offer their best wishes and tell me how much they enjoyed the meeting.  It made me feel very good to hear their kind comments.

Well, back to today.  It has been a leisurely day here in the rv with us sleeping in this morning and then having a lovely brunch that Gerry prepared in late morning.  We ran some errands in town afterwards and then came back to the rv for a cold beer and settled down to some reading outside.

Steak on the barbie with a lovely fresh salad and corn-on-the-cob is on the menu for dinner tonight. 

Yep, I have nothing to complain about!!! ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment