Wednesday 3 August 2011

Another Beautiful Day!

Summer really is here to stay I think.  The weather has been glorious the last few days that we have been here in Ferndale.

I did a little (well, a lot) of fabric shopping today and found everything I went on a hunt for ... and some I didn't! LOL

I have an idea for - would you believe - Christmas gifts for my girls and need to start making these projects now as they are quite involved.  I can't write anymore about them as my girls read my blog and it would spoil the surprise.

When I went to our guild meeting last Wednesday, I took my two stack 'n whack quilts in for show and tell.  Quite a few of the members came up to me afterwards and asked if I would teach a class showing how to make one.  I referred them back to our gals who head up this committee within the guild and next thing I know I have been asked to teach it in September! LOL  Due to the September short notice I was asked to send off an email with a description of the class and supply list so that it could, in turn, be sent out to our membership.  I just received an email from the committee telling me that in a few short hours today 10 ladies have signed up to take the class!  How much fun is that!

I love teaching and always manage to bring humour into the classes somehow!  Life just ain't that serious after all !
Tomorrow I am heading home to take care of Emmy and Lauryn and we have a full day of fun planned, including lunch at Auntie Jennie's house and afterwards taking my grandson and the girls to the matinee to see Zookeeper (again for me! LOL)  I guess that's what happens when you have so many grandkiddies!  It's an excellent movie so I don't mind seeing it twice at all.

Am I blessed ... you bet I am - never forgetting to say a big thank you to the Man upstairs for making all things possible! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment