Sunday 21 August 2011

A Lovely Bright Weekend

What a lovely sunny weekend this is.

Yesterday Gerry and I went downtown Langley to enjoy the town's Arts Alive celebration.  It was so lovely and colourful and just bubbling with activity - both sides of the one way quaint street was blocked off and full of vendors.  Our quilter's guild had a tent there too.  It was great to have so many people stop by to show appreciation for the lovely work our members do on the quilts and, of course, to promote our wonderful guild itself.

The rest of the day was spent puttering around the house.   I even managed to get in a little reading time sitting out on the deck and enjoying the delightful aroma of our chicken roasting on the bbq rotissiere.

Today is another wonderful and relaxing day and I might even get a chance to go into my quilt studio and play for a little while.  We have our guild meeting coming up again on Wednesday and I have to get a couple of things ready for that.

From left to right Vivienne, Carol and Peggy


1 comment:

  1. Oh....so much fun to do any hand work with friends...I would love to start a group maybe this winter!!!! I'm having a lovely day myself..sitting on the porch with kitties and hand work!!!! Thank you so much for visiting my site...it is always so nice to hear from you!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete