Monday 18 July 2011

The Sun is Back!

After a few dismal days without seeing and feeling the warmth of the sun, it is back!  Hooray!

This morning I met a few of my friends at a local coffee shop where we enjoyed gabbing for about an hour.  I ran some errands afterwards - Costco being one of them - ouch!  Always an expensive outing - not because of the prices, on the contrary, but because there are so many great deals! LOL

This afternoon I have been catching up with guild work and putting together the agenda for the first meeting I will be chairing this month as Co-President.  So many things to remember - I know if I forget something, there will be someone there to remind me! LOL

I have finished my stack and whack quilt and am very pleased with how it turned out.  After the doorway challenge art quilt I made, I needed something easy to play with and this did the trick nicely.

Yesterday hubby and I took a drive across the border to a thrift shop in Bellingham where I found some fabulous 100% wool jackets and skirts to rip apart and use for my handwork in wool felt.  Everything was 50% off so I came away from there feeling like I had just won the lottery! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment