Sunday 24 July 2011

Summer is Back!

We can't complain anymore about summer not being here ... it is gorgeous outside with temperatures in the mid-70's and a gentle breeze blowing through the house.

I decided today was the day to paint the front door.  I had bought the paint a few months back and never got around to painting it.  The colour we chose is sundried tomato.  We decided to jazz it up a bit and bought a brass kickplate for the bottom of the door and new hardware.  It looks like a different house!

While the paint was drying in between coats I managed to get the quilt top finished for my second stack 'n whack.  I am going to put it on the B-Line tomorrow and top quilt it so that I can take it in to the guild meeting for show 'n tell on Wednesday.

Gerry and I have decided to head off down the Oregon Coast next weekend as it is the long weekend ... Civic Holiday in BC.  We probably will not take the rv this trip but be foot loose and fancy free and stay in hotels and have someone else cook our meals.  We are going to check out some spots recommended to us by a friend though for when we do head down there for a longer stay in the next little while in our rv.

Two of Keisha's "kitty kaps" fell off or rather she bit them off, I think! LOL  So another two must go on today.  They really do the trick nicely and she seems to be used to them now which is a good thing! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment