Thursday 6 October 2011

Quiltin' With the Nine Patchers

I spent another fun and relaxing day yesterday with our little quilting group of ladies.  We actually do more yakking and eating than we do sewing!! LOL

I managed to get block 8 and 9 cut out for my Henrietta series from Bunny Hill.  I took all of the blocks in to show the gals yesterday and some of them want to start making it too.

I popped into Costco on the way home and bought Bill Bryson's latest book "At Home:  A Short History of Private Life"  I started to read it last night, and as with all of his wonderful books, it is hilarious!  This is the review given by the Washington Post with claims of it being the "best book of the year!"

"With his signature wit, charm, and seemingly limitless knowledge, Bill Bryson takes us on a room-by-room tour through his own house, using each room as a jumping off point into the vast history of the domestic artifacts we take for granted. As he takes us through the history of our modern comforts, Bryson demonstrates that whatever happens in the world eventually ends up in our home, in the paint, the pipes, the pillows, and every item of furniture. Bryson has one of the liveliest, most inquisitive minds on the planet, and his sheer prose fluency makes At Home one of the most entertaining books ever written about private life."



I popped over to daughter Jen's home after my trip to Costco and enjoyed a nice cup of tea and some very special loving from Mason, our little 1 1/2 year old grandson.  Such wonderful times!!  

Love that Costco but wonder if anyone has ever gone in there and just bought what they went in for?  I even bought our Christmas cards yesterday!!!! LOL

Another great day! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment