Thursday 6 October 2011

Bless the Kourageous Kids!

Today is a very special day!

I am joining a group of ladies from our quilters' guild and we are travelling into Children's Hospital, Oncology Ward to present some pretty special kids with quilts with have made for them.  These children are super special as they have had or still are battling cancer.

The kiddies (ages all over the map and from little wee ones to 18 years of age) paint pictures.  Children's Hospital prints them up and turns them into calendars to raise money for research.  Our guild goes one step further and take the photos and turn them into art quilts and something the children can treasure.  Tonight we will be presenting our quilts to these dear kiddies.

This is my finished artwork.  The young lady whose name I chose loves to paint, so instead of making an actual quilt, I decided to turn Chelsey's picture into a piece of artwork from fabric that she can hang on her wall.  I hope she likes it.



I know it will be a very emotional evening and I have told myself that if these precious little ones can hold their head high and walk with a smile on their faces, that this lady can do at least that for them!

What will make this evening extra special for me is that my darling little granddaughter Lissy (age 12) will be coming with me.

We will top off our wonderful outing together with Lissy sleeping over at Nana and Poppa's house tonight and, of course, getting into some mischief in the quilt studio tomorrow before I have to take her back home.

God Bless these dear children!

No comments:

Post a Comment