Tuesday 4 October 2011

Love is .........

I have just finished reading one of the most endearing and touching love stories of all times.


"Raising Susan" is about a man, a woman and their love for the creatures they chose to spend their life with ... birds.  Cecil Hyndman and his wife Adele lived a life no one else has ever attempted - in intimate contact with the creatures they so loved.  One bird in particular,- a golden eagle, stole their hearts and lived with them for 24 years.  What follows in this story is nothing short of amazing.  What makes this even more fascinating to read is that it takes place on our doorstep in beautiful British Columbia!




I stand in awe of people such as Cecil and Adele Hyndman who give so selflessly of themselves and live their lives with such passion for a cause!

There is nothing more important in life ... love is life itself - and this is a story about the deepest love one can feel for each other and these beautiful creatures we share this earth with.

This is a magnificent book.  It is called "Raising Susan - A Man, A Woman, and a Golden Eagle" and is written by Bill Burns.

1 comment:

  1. Oh this sounds like my cup of tea.....I am a total creature lover...fur ...feathers....! what a beautiful creature...I've only seen a golden eagle once in my life....it was really something....I will be reading this....thank you!

    ReplyDelete