Tuesday 3 May 2011

It's a Quilting Day!

In preparation for our new carpeting to be installed next week, I spent all day yesterday ripping up the old trim ... what a tiring job!  I can hardly wait for our new carpeting to be laid ... it is called "coffee bean" and is so warm and inviting.  I will be sure to post a photo of before and after when it is completed.

So after the tiring day I had yesterday I am rewarding myself with a whole day in my quilt studio today.  I have registered to take part in another of our guild's challenges and that is to design and make a quilt/wallhanging of a doorway.  I can't write too much about it because I know other members of our guild read my blog and I want it to be a surprise.  The challenge has to be finished and handed in by our June meeting.  I am really looking forward to working on this piece.  I have found over the years I have been slowly getting away from traditional quilting and more into the art quilts.

It looks a little overcast outside ... a perfect day to play in the quilt studio! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment