Wednesday 25 May 2011

Back Home for the Day!

We came back across the border today because I have a guild meeting this afternoon to attend.

It is the day of our guild nominations and I have been approached to run for Co-President of the Langley Quilters' Guild.  This will be a two-year term with me ascending to the Presidency next year.  The timing of this will work out perfectly as the end of my two year term will coincide with hubby retiring (hopefully) so I have very happily agreed to step up!  I have been a member of our quilting guild pretty much since the day it was formed and thoroughly enjoy all the activities  planned within the guild but most of all cherish the friendships I have made over all these years.

Every October our guild holds its annual retreat.  Last year two of my buddies and myself were the organizers and had such fun planning it.  This year it is being put together by another 3 gals with a western theme and I am looking forward to that too.  Better dig out those ol' cowboy boots and hat!! LOL

We have so much fun at our retreats and even get some quilting done over the 2 1/2 days! LOL  Here is a photo of me acting like a fool last year.  Hey ... you're a long time dead!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment