Friday 17 June 2011

Summer Smarts

The summer can be a lot of fun but kiddies and adults can run out of interesting things to do.  I popped into Costco yesterday and bought some books called "Complete Summer Start" for the grandkiddies.  They come in all the various grade levels.  These books cover English, Math, Science, Social Studies and Arts and Crafts and are designed - week by week - to take you through the summer with the kiddies.  They are marvellous and I highly recommend them!

Yesterday, as with every Thursday, I picked up Emma and Lauryn from school.  I had the books with me as I had just bought them.  They were so excited to get started on them when we got home to Nana's hoouse.  We are now 1 week ahead for the summer as they couldn't put them down!!! LOL

One of the first projects in Emma's notebook was to learn about First Nations.  During this we learned how they grow corn and use every part of it.  It spoke about how corn was used for decoration and other uses so the girls and I decided to pop some corn and string it to hang on the trees outside for the birds.  The kids had a ball as you can see from the photos.  I think they ate as much as they strung!! LOL

Lauryn at her tender age of 6, bless her, is now an expert on rainbows ... all kinds of rainbows!

What a fun time Nana had ... oh, and the kiddies enjoyed it too!!! LOL











No comments:

Post a Comment