Wednesday 22 June 2011

Guild Day

Today was our monthly guild meeting and I attended both the day and evening meetings which were both a lot of fun.  I handed in my "doorway" challenge along with all the other participants.  What a bunch of talented ladies we have in our guild.  All of the wallhangings were spectacular and the competition fierce! LOL  Each lady's creative  interpretation was amazing ... I learned so much from just viewing all of the other entries.

The viewer's choice winner will be announced at our July meeting but in my mind each entry was a winner ... truly they were all simply wonderful.  I can show you mine now as the voting is closed ...


My idea in creating this was for it to depict the outside walls of a castle leading into the inner depths of the castle.  The ivy was sewn down using free motion down the vein of each leaf and then given a ragged raw edge look to create a 3D effect, as was done with the brown ferns below.  I used sand (from Cancun) and miniature stones on the inner path and fibres for added effect throughout.

I really enjoyed taking part in our guild's challenge and have learned so much again from trial and error in the planning and execution of this wallhanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment