Sunday 19 June 2011

Father's Day

Today will be another fun day as we are having a family brunch to celebrate Father's Day for Gerry ... well deserved too, I might add! ;-)  Will add some photos when I get back home. Home again and here are the pics ... what a great day!  My daughter Traci had prepared an absolute feast for us to enjoy!










    





























I managed to get quite a bit of quilting done yesterday as it was very dreary and rainy outside - always a good time to play in the quilt studio.  I am just putting the finishing touches to the McKenna series "Faith, Hope and Love."
http://www.threadsandpatches.co.uk/acatalog/Faith_Hope_Love.html

Rather than turning this project into a quilt, I have decided to mount each of the 9 blocks onto a 12" square canvas and create a montage on the wall.  All of the fabric designed to be used with this pattern line has been exceptionally dyed and the colours are a wonderful blend of the subtle and misty - a beautiful line of exquisite fabric called "Glacier Lights" and designed by McKenna Ryan.  I will be sure to post a photo when completed.

I also managed to complete my "Doorway" challenge for our guild.  I will be taking this in next Wednesday to our meeting whereby,  along with 26 other entries, it will be hung to be voted on by our members at both the daytime and evening meetings.  There is a nice prize being offered to the winner of Viewer's Choice.  I can't post a picture right now as the wallhangings are being voted on with a number and names are anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment