Thursday 16 June 2011

A Black Eye for British Columbians!

When I set out to create a personal blog, I did so with a need to share the many blessings in my life!  Among those wonderful people and things I consider to be such a blessing is the fact that we live in Canada - in particular this beautiful province of British Columbia.

While it was sad as a Canadian to see our Canucks falter and lose the Stanley Cup last night, what followed in the aftermath was a travesty!

I feel ashamed and embarrassed by the calibre of those people who demonstrated in such a violent manner in our beautiful city of Vancouver last night after the game!  My husband and I were mesmerized watching one appalling image after another of untold destruction and violence.

Gerry and I have been blessed with the ability to travel around the world and we are always warmly welcomed as Canadians!  I pray that the world does not judge us by what would amount to a mere handful of people with mob mentality acting out in an alcohol and drug-induced state last night.

I am a proud Canadian but hang my head in shame today!

1 comment:

  1. Sadly these things happen everywhere....what goes through the heads of these stupid people is beyond me....I love canadians!!!! And Canada!! I don't think much of people anywhere who do these needless pointless acts of disorder....bloody fools! Thankfully most people are not this way!

    ReplyDelete