Saturday 24 March 2012

A Busy BUT Fun Weekend

Yesterday I went to the Creative Stitches Show at the Tradex Centre in Abbotsford ... oh my, what a delight for the eyes!  I came home loaded down with all kinds of wonderful thread, patterns and yes, more fabric!  I bumped into so many people there at the show who are all members of our fabulous guild that I joked that we could have held our guild meeting there yesterday! LOL

Today, I was up bright and early and out the door for an all day workshop with a lovely and very talented instructor by the name of Bonnie Huang.  The workshop was called Double Wedding Ring.  It was not the traditional Double Wedding Ring with all the little pieces, but Bonnie's own design.  What fun!  I will post a photo later once I get my sewing paraphenalia unpacked.  There were 12 of us in the class, and as usual, it was so much fun spendng the day quilting with friends from our guild.

We're expecting our two little granddaughters anytime now for a night of fun and a sleepover at Nana and Poppa's house.  They are such good little girls ... it is a pleasure to have them whenever they come over.

This weekend is proving very busy as tomorrow I have signed up for another workshop - this one is on McTavishing.  A friend is having us over to her home for this class.  She also have a longarm so it will be great fun!

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing with all of your classes! I am going to my first quilt show next week!! it's only about an hour and 20 minutes away...can not wait!! I've been looking at classes but it is so hard to decide!!!! Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend!!

    ReplyDelete