Sunday 20 May 2012

Time Away in the RV

First of all, I can't believe a whole month has gone by since I last posted on my blog and secondly, I can't believe another summer is upon us and we are out enjoying our first rv trip of the season!  Unbelievable how the time flies!

So much has happened since my last post ...

Our guild has had our quilt show and what a show it was!  Nothing, but nothing, could have been improved upon.  We even showed a handsome profit this year - the only other time we showed such a profit was 10 years ago, which was our very first quilt show.  I entered into our challenge, the Kourageous Kids and main portion of the show with several quilts I entered. 

Our 2011/12 guild year is winding down now and I am eagerly looking forward to the upcoming guild year and serving out the second part of my two year term as President.  We have such exciting things happening on the horizon, least of not is going to be our 10 year guild anniversary celebration!

Wow ... thinking back over the last month ... we have had such fun family celebrations too.  There was Mother's Day and oh, how my 5 girls and their dear families spoiled me!  I felt so honoured !  I received so many lovely cards and beautiful gifts of flowers and stepping stones for the garden.  All will be momentoes for years to come!

Our youngest grandchild, little Mason, turned a big 2 years old ... where does the time go!  He is too cute!

Of course, the guild has kept me very busy which is to be expected but is very gratifying! 

I have so many lovely photos to post but they will have to wait until I get home unfortunately.

So, here we are now ... away in the rv in Ferndale, WA. at one of our favourite spots - The Cedars RV Resort - we have seen so many friends we know here as they are all members too and come here often.

Yesterday was lovely - nice and bright and sunny.  Today is raining ... we took advantage of the dry spell this morning and cleaned the awning and now the rain is finishing off the job of washing it off for us.  The kitties are with us and loving being away with us ... they know this is their home away from home and have all the comforts of back home here. 

Well, that's all for now ... I know I will be back writing on my blog lots from hereonin again as life is slowing down a tad for the summer months.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!!!...Missed you!!!! Sounds like life is wonderful....so happy to hear it!! Having fun on your travels...we were on Martha's Vineyard this weekend and had a ball!!! Tomorrow back to garden....house and all the rest.....can't wait to see your pictures!!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete