Tuesday 10 January 2012

Friends

Friends are such a blessing!

Sometimes I get so caught up in the "behind the scenes" responsibilities of my position as Co-President within our quilters' guild that I forget what is really important in my life ... my family and friends.  I am reminded of that old saying - "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!"

Last night was my turn to play hostess to some wonderful friends.  We enjoyed one of the nicest evenings I can remember for a while.  We shared quilting secrets and tips and had a chance to appreciate each other's works in progress.  All this done over a cup of tea and homemadee English Cream Scones, which alone, were a big hit!

Yes, this is what life is about.  After receiving several thought-provoking emails over a period of 2-3 days, my husband turned to me the other day and said "you are taking this way too seriously, Carol, and care too much!"  Perhaps he was right!

If last night was proof of that, I have to learn to step back and as he says "not care so much" and enjoy the peace that will surely follow! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing, caring and just the bestest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, sweetie. I so enjoy hanging out with you!

    ReplyDelete