Friday 2 December 2011

Ready for another fun day ...

I was able to get a lot accomplished in my quilt studio yesterday ... lots of little projects that I am working on - mostly within the guild.  I am pleased with the results I am seeing.

I have another wonderful day planned to work in the studio again today - there is always lots to keep me busy and amused! ;-)



One of the projects I am planning is our quilt show challenge that I am entering into.  What a marvellous response our organizers received when 54 of our members signed up to take part in this fun challenge!  The rules are whatever the item - whether it be a quilt, wallhanging, wearable item etc. be constructed in black and white.  The only exception was incorporating the colour of a crayon that we randomly selected from a box (eyes closed, of course).  I picked a yellow/green colour which is absolutely perfect for what I have in mind ... just as with our last quilt show challenge, when I heard and saw what was expected of us, an idea immediately popped into my mind.  I am so looking forward to working on this project!!  It is due to be finished in March 2012 - just before our quilt show in May.

Only 12 more days until our guild's Christmas in the Country Social.  I am on the planning committee, along with 7 other great ladies, and we have had a ball planning this event.  I think the guild members who attend will have a marvellous time!

One of the packages connected with the longarm was delivered by UPS last night ... they are the 7 lovely DVD's that Handiquilter gave me as a gift.  They cover such a wide range of interesting aspects of using the longarm to its fullest extent like ...


  • pantographs and groovy boards
  • quilting blocks with stencils and patterns
  • quilting applique and patchwork with guidelines and templates
  • quilting borders with patterns or stencils
  • quilting borders with pantographs and other techniques
  • stencils and freehand quilting
  • quilting borders with freehand designs
As you can see, I have a lot to learn!! LOL

The longarm machine and frame are awaiting customs clearance in a bonded warehouse in Richmond, BC right now and hopefully will be delivered sometime today or tomorrow ... I am so excited and have about 15 quilt tops stacked to be top quilted, plus some community quilts that I have promised to do.

Yes, I am indeed blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment