Monday 5 December 2011

Did I ever show you .......

Did I ever show you the placemat I made for my secret sister Debbie at our guild retreat in October?

Our theme for this retreat was a western one so I chose to quilt some wild horses running through a forest.  The trees and grass are all snippets pieced and top stitched with tulle over and the horses are black silouettes and sewn down onto the placemat.  I won a prize for viewer's choice which I was so delighted about!  Here is my placemat ...

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful.....it should be on a wall...I can not see the detail...but what an amazing way of doing a textile I have never done anything like this...I adore horses so that makes me love it even more! Have you ever visited " Marmalade rose " she does some incredible things with mixed textiles.... things like this but garden scenes...really beautiful...I am so impressed with this piece....all I can say is WOW! oh....did your wonderful gift arrive yet!!??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comments Miss Holly ... I really enjoyed working on this for my secret sister! ;-)

    ReplyDelete