Saturday 31 December 2011

The Pile is Getting Smaller ....

I have been able to get quite a few quilts loaded on my longarm and top quilted in the last couple of weeks thanks to my wonderful Christmas pressie from my dear hubby!  It really feels so rewarding to finally finish these quilts that I made so long ago and have been simply awaiting the finishing touches!

Our quilters' guild members are very active in the community making quilts for a large number of charitable organizations.  Our members make the quilts from start to finish ... some members like to piece the quilts together, some like to top quilt and some like to sew on the binding.  One quilt can see as many as 4-5 members working on it which is wonderful.  Now that I have a longarm, it is not only helpful to the guild to be able to top quilt some of these but it allows me much-needed practice.  Here are two of the community quilts that have been made by other members and that I have just finished top quilting and binding ...

Guild Community Quilt

Guild Community Quilt

Very simple meandering on community quilt

More simple meandering on community quilt
 I have also been able to top quilt 3 other of my quilts ... they were the biggest quilts I have done so far but went fairly quickly - again with very simple meandering ... I am working my way up to the "feathers!" LOL

Lauryn's quilt (stack and whack)

Made for one of the spare bedrooms

This is probably one of the most frustrating quilts I have ever made!  It is made using a lot of my African prints ... would you believe I made two identical quilts ... one for each of the beds in one of the spare bedrooms!   The pattern is called "Blooming Nine Patch!"  I almost lost my "blooming" mind making them too!!! LOL  

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you and yours Carol.
    What a wonderful array of quilts. The last quilt is mind boggling! Can't wait to see your feathers- something I'm trying to perfect on my little domestic. Looking forward to reading all your posts in 2012. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete