Monday 11 February 2013

Family Day ... A First Time Holiday for B.C.

Today was the first of many Family Day holidays our beautiful province of British Columbia will recognize!

To celebrate I took my granddaughter Lissy to buy the paint for her room this morning ... she chose a beautiful light shade of teal/seafoam green for her walls.  She has chosen black and white as her accent curtains and bedding.  I think it will look lovely and very modern for her ... she is 14 years old!  Alyssa made the honour roll at school and this is Nana and Poppa's way of saying "well done!"  I will be going over there on Wednesday and Thursday to paint her room for her.  She is so excited and keeps thanking me over and over!

Hubby and I took advantage of this B.C. holiday and drove across the border into the States today ... along with every other British Columbia it seemed.  It is at times like today with such horrendous border lineups that we are so glad to be Nexus cardholders!  While there was a little wait, it was nothing like the 2 hours that others had to wait!!

What would a trip down south be without shopping for fabric which was exactly what this gal HAD to do.  I would so love to keep the Canadian economy in full swing, but quite frankly with saving $20-25 on a gas fill-up and about $10-12 a metre on fabric - well, I have to shop where my money works the hardest for me!!

Gerry and I were able to enjoy a lovely lunch in Bellingham before doing a little grocery shopping and heading back home.

What a lovely way to spend Family Day with my dear hubby!  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment