Sunday 5 February 2012

A Great Day with 21 Friends!

I taught my African Sunshine class yesterday to 21 very enthusiastic guild members.  One dear lady told me she awoke at 3:30 a.m. full of anticipation for our class and couldn't get back to sleep! LOL


What a wonderful group of ladies - I thoroughly enjoyed my day of teaching yesterday!  Our class was more of a party atmosphere with lots of laughter, learning new tricks and sharing of fabrics - ohhhhhhh, the fabrics .... I was in fabric heaven just looking at the beautiful rainbow of colours piled high on each table.  To make this quilt with completely different fabrics for each template, would have taken 115 various fabrics ... some pieces only measuring about a 5" square, but a lot of fabric nevertheless!  I think most ladies had just about that much! LOL

What a wonderful guild we have!  Our members are THE best!!

3 comments:

  1. Carol...this is so beautiful....I wish I had been at that class.. I am also a quilter but I have never done anything like what you do....I love appliqué and the old fav's...like grandmothers flower garden and wedding ring.. I have always been a hand quilter..I hope in my new little workshop I will be able to do some classes!! so exciting'' !! Are you loving your long arm???? Happy day to you as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful quilt Carol. I wish I could've been there.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caorl, thank you so much for sending me the link. It's brilliant. I will let you know how I get on.
    Rhianon.xxx

    ReplyDelete