Wednesday 16 November 2011

Busy Times!

I can't believe how long it has been since my last post!  The days are flying past and I can feel the excitement of this blessed Christmas season fast approaching.  I have lots of pressies already wrapped and waiting to go under the tree ... pressies that I have made for members of the family that I can hardly wait to see the look on their lovely faces!

My little granddaughters, Emma and Lauryn, are doing so well with their skating lessons and really picked up some speed on the ice!  What a joy it is for us watching but for them to look up while giving it their all to see their Mommy and Nana sitting there with the biggest smiles on our faces and thumbs up!  It has become a lovely habit of Nana and Poppa going back to their home afterwards for a delicious dinner together ... these are such fabulous times!

I have been getting lots of quilting done and will post a photo later of the Christmas banner I have just finished.  I really am very pleased with it and the pattern was free on the internet too ... an added bonus!

I'm heading out today for a full day of fun quilt shop hopping with several of my buddies across the border.          Our days together always promises to be lots of laughs and good fellowship ... I am indeed blessed to have such wonderful friends!

Today will be a very busy day as it will be home for a quick supper and then off to a quild-related meeting this evening for a couple of hours.  Our guild has its bi-annual quilt show in May 2012 and I am part of a 15 person quilt show committee for this fun event.  It is going to be a really terrific event as it always is with some different activities taking place at this one.

1 comment:

  1. You know I was just going through all my sites and I thought.. hey where is my friend Carol!! I have been terrible at posting...life gets so busy ...I am so in the holiday spirit! The cooking starts tomorrow!! For the Thanksgiving celebration.. then christmas party on Dec 17th then christmas! lots to do...all fun... Then we have all that wonderful winter for quilts ...embroidery...knitting, crochet!! Well, I am so glad to see your post .. You are always so cheery and up!! Have wonderful quilt time!!

    ReplyDelete