Thursday 29 September 2011

A Quilting Day

WOW ... I can't believe our annual quilt guild's annual retreat is only a month away!  There are several great things to do in preparation for it - making a placemat for our secret sister, our name badges and a challenge block we each have a choice to make -- then one lucky lady will win them all and turn them into a lovely quilt.  Our theme this year is Western, which reminds me I have got to find a cowboy hat and some western type clothes! LOL

I have made the block and today have been working on the placemat.  I will post a photo afterwards - my secret sister does not know about my blog so no fear of her seeing it.

We had our guild meeting yesterday and it was a lot of fun as always.  Our guest speaker is a wonderful quilt artist by the name of Donna Bray-Zakreski.  Her work is so gorgeous - she uses all types of media!  I am fortunate to be able to take an all day workshop with her on Saturday here in Langley.  I can hardly wait.

Today is Thursday and my day to pick up Emmy and Lauryn from school and then home here for dinner.  I promised both the girls that Nana would take them to the recreation centre and enrol them for skating after school.  Skating starts on October 24th and will be once a week for 5 weeks.  If they enjoy it, I will sign them up for the next level.  They are so excited about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment