Sunday 17 June 2012

My Next BIG Project


Isn't she a beauty?

Not only is this a gorgeous quilt - designed by Kathy Nakajima of Toyko and featured as part of Quilters Newsletter magazine as their cover collection - but it has a very special meaning for me.

It has been made by my very dear friend Maria.  She calls it her "Tomorrow Quilt."  Maria was the recipient of a kidney transplant many years ago and each year she makes a large quilt to say "thanks" even though efforts to find the donor have proved fruitless!  This was her quilt this year.  Maria entered this beautiful masterpiece into our Langley Quilters' Guild Quilt Show in May and won not only Best bed size quilt in the show but ran away in votes for Viewer's Choice!!!!  All the flowers were hand appliqued!

I have been lucky enough to find the pattern (2007), I have my fabric all bought and my foundation patterns have been copied!

Thank you my dear Maria for being such an inspiration to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment